I recently learned that it’s possible add a second person to a Google account so they can use Chrome without having access to the same websites and links as other people. This feature is also useful when you have to do work for a company in Chrome and don’t want to see the same links that you have on your personal Google profile. I had a hard time figuring out how to switch to my new profile after I’d created it though, so in this article I’ll explain how to do just that.
How to add a new person to Chrome
1. Click the three dots in the upper right corner of Chrome and select “Settings”:
2. In Settings, select “Add Person”
3. Select a picture and a name for the person
4. If you want to, sign into Chrome to sync your passwords, bookmarks and history — I would recommend doing this only if the new person will be using the same websites.
5. Make sure the new person has been added to Chrome
6. When you want to switch to the new person, click the name in top right of Chrome (above the quick access bars)
Once the new person has switched to their profile, they’ll be able to add their own favorites to the quick access bar, and their browsing history will be separate from other people that use Google Chrome.
That’s how easy it is to add a new person in Chrome. If you have any Chrome or internet tips or tricks, please feel free to comment. If you found this article helpful, please recommend it by clicking on the heart.