My First Week as a 44-Year-Old

Accomplishments for the Week Ending 5/6/18

Image for post

This week has been a very good week for me. As most of you know, I turned 44 on Monday. Kevin and I had a very good weekend in Boone — we went to the movies, checked out things in Boone a little bit, and rested a little bit. It was a nice weekend, a nice rest from all the work we’d been doing. My biggest surprise of the week was that Kevin decided to get me a Chromebook as one of my birthday presents — the other was a memory foam bath mat for my bathroom. Hey, laugh if you want, but it feels great under my feet when I get in and out of the shower. We got back Monday morning with enough time for me to do a few things I needed to do before I went to work.

Since we’ve gotten back from Boone I’ve had a great week. Here are the things I accomplished this week:

Made more progress on my memoir — I made more progress on the very rough draft ofmy memoir — wrote some more for each chapter that I want to put in it. I may combine some things and add more details as I remember them. My mind is kind of fuzzy on a few things, since it’s been a while since they happened.

Slowly gotten my Chromebook set up — I’ve been working a little bit every night since I got back on getting my Chromebook set up the way I like it. I have to say, so far I like it better than my Kindle for writing. I haven’t tried reading any ebooks on it yet, but I imagine it should be pretty easy, even though it’s a bit bigger than my Kindle.

Received and returned a case for my Chromebook — I ordered a case I thought would work for my Chromebook; unfortunately it ended up being too small, so I had to return it. I was able to do that easily, I just had to go to Amazon’s website and start the return. I packed the case in the box it was shipped in and blacked out the original information, and taped up the box. I had to get a little help from my husband to load a new roll of packing tape into the tape gun. I had a hard time understanding how to do it though, so in the end I ended up just cutting a few pieces off. I figured out later how to do it though. I put the box outside my front door with a note telling UPS I was working, and giving the tracking number for the return. They put the label Amazon provided them on the box and left me the receipt.

Worked hard at work — And as always, I’ve continued to work hard at my day job. We’ve had a few new developments there, so that keeps things interesting.

That’s what I’ve accomplished this week. To find out more about my memoir, the progress I’ve made on it and when I will release it, be sure to sign up for my mailing list below.

I started writing in elementary school and never stopped. I enjoy sharing stories about my hard-learned life lessons and writing advice.

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store